Activities in Dillon, Colorado
Each year, millions of vacationers visit to enjoy a variety of Colorado ski resorts and play in Colorado's famed snow. Around the Frisco/ Dillon area, you'll have your pick of any of the fantastic ski destinations that call Summit County home:
- Arapahoe Basin and its breathtaking 13,000-foot peaks
- Copper Mountain beckons with 360 inches of snow falling upon 100 exciting trails
- Breckenridge's 2,400 acres of downhill slopes and the highest lift in the country
- Resorts like Keystone, Vail and Beaver Creek are just a short drive away.
But this winter paradise isn't simply about skiing and snowboarding. Many other winter activities lure vacationers to the Dillon/ Frisco area year after year. You'll find sledding, tubing, snowshoeing, winter fly fishing, sleigh rides, snowmobiling, dog sledding and even casinos in nearby Blackhawk and Central cities. The summer's activities also rival winter's.
Some warmer-weather options include:
- Mountain biking hundred of miles that surround Dillon and Frisco
- Boating on Lake Dillon
- Fishing in Colorado's Gold Medal Waters
- Golfing in Dillon's high altitude and panoramic views
- Hiking the rugged Colorado mountainside and viewing wildlife
- Horseback riding
- Off-road trails on a Jeep or ATV
- Kayaking and whitewater rafting adventures on the Arkansas and Blue Rivers in the spring.
Whether your passion takes you to winter sports or back-to-nature summer adventure, the Dillon / Frisco area has the activities and natural beauty sure to create memories that last a lifetime.